Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crikey! A Spider!

Code red!  I repeat code red!  Red is the worst one right?  That’s the highest threat level, correct?  If it isn’t, please insert the correct color and then send help.  I was about to do my usual superman dive into bed under my covers to go to sleep when I noticed a giant spider all up in my business.  He was just chilling on my bed, looking up at me, taunting me like the little bastard spider that he is.  This is especially disappointing tonight though, more than other nights.   It was a cold rainy day in Los Angeles today and I have been looking forward to snuggling under my covers all day.  And now this little prick is trying to ruin that for me.  For he knows that I only have three fears in life: Snakes, alligators and spiders.  I knew what had to be done.  He must die. 

So I grabbed a shoe and once he made his way to my head board I swatted at him with all my might.  I missed with all my might.  He scurried away and I could no longer see him.  I can’t go to bed knowing he is still alive in my room though.  So now, we are forced into war.  I shall hunt him until I am the victor.  I will not rest until he is dead.  Well, except for right now where I am sitting out on my couch writing this. I decided to quarantine the room and assess the situation.  I also had a craving for some crunchy peanut butter.  But now it’s back to business.  I think my best approach will be to equip myself with a shoe in one hand and a frying pan in the other.  For battle armor I will of course put on my shin guards, a helmet, and my golf glove.  I also think I should narrate this adventure to find him in an Australian accent.  (Side note: I should totally be on Animal Planet or Discovery channel)  Now that I think about all this, I should quite possibly look for my sanity as I look for the spider.  As you can see, I may have lost that at some point a long time ago as well.  Whether I have sanity or no sanity though, I’m off to battle.  (My money is on no sanity, I don’t know about you) I shall return upon my victory.

Ok, so it’s now the next morning.  I fell asleep.  Let me fill you in on the epic battle that occurred.  I crept into my room, battle armor on, frying pan and shoe in hand narrating my every step in my Aussie accent.  He was hard to find, a worthy opponent.  But nevertheless, I found him.  I took the mattress off my bed frame and found him hiding like the communist coward spider that he is, under my bed.  I had a major decision to make; shoe or frying pan?  Shoe had failed me the first time so I tossed it aside and clutched the frying pan.  As I kept on with my narration I noticed it turning slightly western.  I went with it.  So with my western accent and frying pan I moved in.  I will spare you the gory details, but that there spider ain’t never comin’ back to this here town again, ya hear y’all?

The battle was won.  The commie spider is dead.  (Yes in case you missed that, at some point I did decide he was a communist)  Time of death: 3:56am.  After I had won, I did a quick little “USA! USA! USA!” chant of course, put my mattress back on my bed, and got my cozy comforter back on it.  Taking my battle armor off I felt accomplished…proud…brave…and sleepy.  So I triumphantly did my superman dive into bed, curled up in my comforter, and drifted off to a spider free dreamland.

Side notes:
To all communist spiders trying to infiltrate my apartment- This is a warning.  You do not want to meet the same fate your friend did.  My frying pan of doom and I, will end you.

To all who bet money on me finding my sanity- You lose.  Sanity: still at large.

USA! USA! USA!

1 comment:

  1. Why thank you. And of course I have a frying pan...how else am I going to protect myself from insects and other terrible things? Safety 101 Dawn, safety 101.

    ReplyDelete